It is a well-known fact that avocados are great for just about anything. When we say anything, we mean anything. You might have been using avocados for cooking, seasoning, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
But these aren’t the only meals and ways you can use for avocados for. As it turns out, Avocados are a great way to make a dessert that is both healthy and tasty enough for anyone.
This is exactly where avocados come again as the best superfood. Because of this reason, we have decided to list 15 best avocado dessert recipes that will leave you with that sweet taste in your mouth and plenty of nutrients to help you through the day.
The first recipe on this list is what happens when you take a classic dessert item and you combine it with a fresh new twist. Everybody likes chocolate mousse. However, Avocado mousse is a great way to add some health to your dessert menu.
- 2 ripe avocados
- lime juice
- cane sugar
- ½ cup of light almond milk
- Begin by halving and scooping the flesh of 2 avocados into a food processor.
- Use some lime juice to add on top.
- After this, the final ingredients should be cane sugar and almond milk, turning this into a smooth mousse.
- You can also decorate your mousse with some pistachios to make this dessert look even better.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Let’s say that you want to make sour dessert chocolate-based. In this case, you may want to use avocado to bring out an interesting twist of flavors. This is exactly why we decided to put this recipe on this list. The first thing you need to do is put a bunch of ingredients in a blender.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 dates chopped up and soaked in warm water
- 2 tbsps of vanilla extract ½ cup fair trade cocoa powder
- Blend in the blender and then add some non-dairy milk until it gets to the proper consistency.
- Remember that it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator so you can serve it cold.
Avocado Keylime Pie
The reason Avocado is so great is that it gen goes into anything. And who knows this better than our good friend Annerie? Check the full recipe here!
Avocado Vanilla Bean Smoothie
This next recipe is a beverage and a dessert at the same time. It is also the simplest recipe on this list.
- 2 avocados
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk, preferably cold if you like cold smoothies
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste, and a pinch of sea salt
Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend.
Chocolate Avocado Fondue
Perhaps you want a classier dessert. This is exactly why chocolate Avocado Fondue makes the list for 1 of the 15 best avocado recipes. It is great because of its simplicity.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate ripe Hass California Avocado, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cups of milk
- 6 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- First place chocolate into a heatproof bowl, use an immersion blender so you can blend the avocado until very smooth.
- Next, heat your cream, corn syrup, water, milk, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- After it starts to simmer, pour it over the chocolate.
- Then you stir it until melted.
- After all of this, stir in a pureed avocado and vanilla extract before pouring it all into a fondue pot.