It is a well-known fact that avocados are great for just about anything. When we say anything, we mean anything. You might have been using avocados for cooking, seasoning, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
But these aren’t the only meals and ways you can use for avocados for. As it turns out, Avocados are a great way to make a dessert that is both healthy and tasty enough for anyone.
This is exactly where avocados come again as the best superfood. Because of this reason, we have decided to list 15 best avocado dessert recipes that will leave you with that sweet taste in your mouth and plenty of nutrients to help you through the day.
The first recipe on this list is what happens when you take a classic dessert item and you combine it with a fresh new twist. Everybody likes chocolate mousse. However, Avocado mousse is a great way to add some health to your dessert menu.
- 2 ripe avocados
- lime juice
- cane sugar
- ½ cup of light almond milk
- Begin by halving and scooping the flesh of 2 avocados into a food processor.
- Use some lime juice to add on top.
- After this, the final ingredients should be cane sugar and almond milk, turning this into a smooth mousse.
- You can also decorate your mousse with some pistachios to make this dessert look even better.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Let’s say that you want to make sour dessert chocolate-based. In this case, you may want to use avocado to bring out an interesting twist of flavors. This is exactly why we decided to put this recipe on this list. The first thing you need to do is put a bunch of ingredients in a blender.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 dates chopped up and soaked in warm water
- 2 tbsps of vanilla extract ½ cup fair trade cocoa powder
- Blend in the blender and then add some non-dairy milk until it gets to the proper consistency.
- Remember that it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator so you can serve it cold.
Avocado Keylime Pie
The reason Avocado is so great is that it gen goes into anything. And who knows this better than our good friend Annerie? Check the full recipe here!
Avocado Vanilla Bean Smoothie
This next recipe is a beverage and a dessert at the same time. It is also the simplest recipe on this list.
- 2 avocados
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk, preferably cold if you like cold smoothies
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste, and a pinch of sea salt
Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend.
Chocolate Avocado Fondue
Perhaps you want a classier dessert. This is exactly why chocolate Avocado Fondue makes the list for 1 of the 15 best avocado recipes. It is great because of its simplicity.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate ripe Hass California Avocado, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cups of milk
- 6 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- First place chocolate into a heatproof bowl, use an immersion blender so you can blend the avocado until very smooth.
- Next, heat your cream, corn syrup, water, milk, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- After it starts to simmer, pour it over the chocolate.
- Then you stir it until melted.
- After all of this, stir in a pureed avocado and vanilla extract before pouring it all into a fondue pot.
Vegan Chocolate Cake with Avocado
The next recipe is a cake that you can make relatively easily with no mess at all.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil (or almond oil)
- ½ cup of soft avocado, well mashed
- about 1 medium avocado
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- After you have gathered all of that you may begin the recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then sift together all of the dry ingredients except the sugar.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl, including the super mashed avocado.
- Add the sugar into the wet mix and stir.
- Mix the wet with the dry at once, and beat with a whisk (by hand) until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased cake tins.
- After this bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- And then turn out onto cooling racks to cool before frosting with avocado buttercream.
Coconut Avocado Popsicles
The next avocado dessert recipe is a good summer treat that will leave you feeling as refreshed as possible.
- 2 large ripe avocados, or 3 small/medium-sized
- 14 oz canned coconut milk, full-fat, well shaken
- 3 tbsp honey, or agave syrup
- 8 oz 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup coconut
- ⅓ cup candied pecans, chopped
- Begin by blending avocado meat, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour this mixture into Popsicle molds and insert wooden sticks into the mold.
- After this place the mold into the freezer for about 3 hours.
- To make the topping, melt together the chopped chocolate and coconut oil until smooth.
- Unmold your Popsicle molds and dip them into the melted chocolate before returning them to the freezer.
Avocado Tahini Brownies
We are trying to get all the classic dessert forms here. This is exactly why the next recipe is a brownie one. It can’t get much easier than this.
- ½ mashed avocado
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dates puree
- ⅔ cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine the 5 dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix the 5 wet ingredients in a blender and pour the wet mixture into the bowl to combine with the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes.
Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Let’s face it, everyone likes a good cookie. They are the ultimate dessert if you do not have time to eat and are on the go. Check our post for Annerie’s avocado chocolate cookies.