I am happy to say there’s a whole new section of our blog where I will share with you all the trendiest new avocado recipes. To keep things enjoyable and easy for you, I have challenged myself to find recipes with 10 ingredients at most!
All the recipes here will be super easy and quick to make, and I will give you step-by-step instructions on how to get the best results. As a bonus, I’ll share tips and tricks on how to make that guacamole pop or how to get out-of-this-world avocado brownies that will be the star of any get-together.
Of course, anything you make with avocado is bound to be a health-bomb. I promise you that all the other ingredients will also be healthy and tasty (not as much as the avocados, but nothing’s quite as good as avocados). As a fellow foodie, I know how hard it can be to find recipes that don’t mess with your diet but also don’t leave a bland taste in your mouth. Especially if you have to juggle work or school or kids or a million other things and trying to eat healthily.
So, that’s what I’ll try to help you out with. I will share with you some of the gems I have come across on my own search (with a little creative touch of mine). I looked for easy recipes that help keep you healthy. And that also satiate that need for a rich and flavorful afternoon snack every once in a while.
With that in mind, I present to you: avocado chocolate cookies. If you are in a rush to make something sweet for guests or yourself, these cookies take minimal time to bake, and the results are amazing. They taste heavenly and I promise you’ll have to stop yourself from eating the whole batch in one sitting.
Plus, all the ingredients are super healthy and sweet. It’s an ideal afternoon snack whether you’re taking a break from work or craving a pick-me-up. They are rich and sweet and give you that little extra boost to chase away that afternoon slump in energy and motivation. All without feeling bloated or guilty afterward. It’s like cheating on your diet without really cheating!
There’s no shame in having a sweet tooth, believe me, you are not alone, and for that, these puppies are the best. They will give you all the buttery fluffy goodness of your regular run-of-the-mill cookies (just like granny used to make them). But without the regrets of a cheat day. And as an extra bonus, they are gluten-free as well! It’s all about the healthy fats in the avocado, and the other ingredients are little tricks to make it all the cookies healthier. So, roll up your sleeves because we are making some home-made avocado chocolate cookies!
Annerie’s quick and easy Avocado Chocolate Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Cooling time: 5 minutes
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 cup almond or oat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe avocado (about ¼ cup when mashed)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs agave or maple syrup chocolate chips to your liking
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175ºC)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by linking with parchment paper or covering with cooking spray
- Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another.
- Slowly fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture
- Wet hands and roll batter into 1-inch balls, place onto the prepared baking sheet, and flatten gently using your palms
- Bake for 12 (soft and chewy) to 15 (crunchy texture) minutes, until edges are golden
- Place on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did (I had to hold myself to leave some for my family).
You can follow all of my work on my instagram page!
Annerie Healthy Kitchen
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite avocado guides, recipes and product reviews!