As promised before, you can see that we are working our way to a lovely little recipe page all about tasty avocado dishes. Last time I brought you a delicious treat, but today I’ve got for you an absolute protein bomb that will leave no heart cold and no belly empty! Scout’s honor!
As always, the recipe is super quick and easy to make, with only 11 ingredients that you have laying around anyways. Our main ingredients are fresh avocado and grapefruit. As for the promised protein bomb, the avocado grapefruit salad comes with a hearty serving of mixed beans. And they are sure to leave you feeling full for a long time.
In combination with the healthy oils from the avocado and the dazzling number of vitamins from the grapefruit, this handy little recipe is an amazing all-rounder. And to complete the English breakfast feel, we’ll include a couple of healthy boiled eggs for extra protein.
I use this recipe all the time, and let me tell you: it’s amazing. Since it’s quick and easy to make, you can prepare it even when you’re in a rush. The results are heavenly every time. This baby will get you everything you need nutrition-wise and trust me, you’ll feel it!
Although it is a relatively big meal, and filling to the point that you’ll have to split it sometimes, regret is not an ingredient in the avocado grapefruit salad. All the ingredients are non-fattening tasty superfoods in their own rights, and they come together to give you a super salad!
Annerie’s Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 cup sodium-free chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 large can of mixed beans (no salt added)
- 2 avocados
- 2 eggs
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp organic honey
- coriander/cilantro to your liking
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the couscous for 2 minutes with some olive oil or plant-based butter.
- Add the chicken stock and Italian seasoning then stir until well combined.
- Once it comes to a boil, add in the beans (that have been thoroughly rinsed), cover and turn off heat.
- In another pot, add the eggs with about an inch of cold water.
- Once the eggs come to a boil, cover, turn off heat and set your timer to 7 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Cut grapefruit, avocado and peeled eggs into slices or wedges.
- Plate the couscous and beans, then arrange the grapefruit, avocado and eggs slices or wedges.
- Drizzle the dressing, garnish with coriander/cilantro and serve!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can check more on my Instagram page:
Annerie Healthy Kitchen
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite avocado guides, recipes and product reviews!