If you have been reading my recipes on this site, you’ll know by now that I absolutely adore desserts with avocado in them. I already shared my avocado matcha ice cream recipe and my avocado chocolate brownies recipe, to mention just two. I won’t deny having a bit of a sweet tooth. What I try to do is come up with quick and easy tweaks to the recipe that make them healthier without losing any of the deliciousness. Today I bring you an avocado tahini brownie recipe that will be a smash hit on any party.
The avocado tahini brownies are also made without grain, so they are gluten-free and lower on carbs than regular brownies. This means that we can have a few extra without feeling too bad about it! And I think they continue the by now proven method of combining avocado with Mediterranean or middle-eastern food. The flavors just interact so naturally that they seem perfect for each other. What you end up with are delicious fudgy brownies that don’t leave you feeling bloated even after having three or four of them!
There’s nothing complicated about the recipe – just add some coconut flour and baking soda, a bit of applesauce here, a bit of vanilla extract there, and voila you’re done! For the sweetness, we are going to be using dark chocolate chips and cocoa powder, it’s way healthier than sugar and just tastes better in the mix. So, put on your apron, and let’s get to baking avocado tahini brownies for healthy snacks throughout the day or a healthy office treat for everybody to enjoy!
Annerie’s Avocado Tahini Brownies
- ½ mashed avocado
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dates puree
- ⅔ cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the 5 dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix the 5 wet ingredients in a blender (I used my @vitamix).
- Pour wet mixture into the bowl to combine with the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before finding yourself in brownie heaven!
Annerie Healthy Kitchen
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite avocado guides, recipes and product reviews!