Let’s talk some real talk: there’s nobody in the world without at least a bit of a sweet tooth. But that love for sweets can at times be difficult to maintain if you aim to live a long and healthy life. Well, I can refrain from many of the usual sugary culprits, but I need my ice cream!
If you feel the same way, then this avocado matcha ice cream recipe is for you. With it included comes deliciousness, happy times and the occasional brain freeze. Jokes aside, the recipe is chock-full of healthy ingredients. I opt for a less fatty plant-based milk like coconut or almond milk (you can try it with any milk you like) as the base for the ice cream.
The other ingredients are bananas – for the potassium and fiber, raw unsalted pistachios and matcha tea powder. And, of course, avocado! Matcha is essentially a variety of green tea, and it is common knowledge about how good green tea is for you.
As you can see, only 5 ingredients are necessary, so the recipe is an absolute piece of cake. Well, it’s actually a chunk of ice cream, but you get my point. The preparation is essentially just putting all of the ingredients into a good blender. This makes it a perfect dessert for when you are in a pinch with time. Just try it out and if you like it, keep some frozen bananas handy for when you are in a rush.
With all of that being said, here’s the avocado matcha nice cream recipe:
Annerie’s Fresh Avocado Matcha Nice Cream
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1 person
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup raw unsalted pistachio (soaked first to soften)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Put everything into a powerful blender (I used my Vitamix), then serve with your favourite toppings (I drizzled my homemade dark chocolate sauce on it to form a “shell”).
- To make the sauce, just combine dark chocolate nibs/chips with some coconut oil and warm in the microwave for 2 minutes. Pause every 30 seconds or so and stir in-between until desired consistency…super easy!).
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Follow the link bellow for more delicious recipes (and not just avocado recipes!):