Today I have a real treat for my fellow pasta lovers. This wonderful creamy avocado and tuna pasta recipe combines all the health benefits from avocado and tuna while fulfilling that craving for carbs that we all feel sometimes. So, it’s the same deal as with our other recipes: quick and easy to make, very few ingredients needed, healthy, filling and super delicious.
With this recipe especially you get a lot of nutritional value, and the pasta makes sure that you will feel full for a long time afterward. The tuna boosts the already fantastic properties of avocado – you are definitely going to meet your daily need for omega acids with this banger of a meal. And the taste is simply to die for.
Like with our avocado hummus recipe, the basic premise I followed is that avocado pairs well with Mediterranean food. That’s why we are adding some olive oil and garlic into the mix. What you end up with when you mix all the ingredients is a creamy avocado pesto-like sauce. It has a buttery taste, with the distinctive nutty traces that come with avocado, and the garlic and lemon juice just transport you right to a nice restaurant in Bella Italia.
I recommend this creamy avocado and tuna pasta recipe for your main meal of the day since it’s pretty heavy on the carbs and gives you a sizeable energy boost for the day. But it’s a portion of great comfort food as well, so if the day was rough use this to brighten it a bit. And remember – there’s no need to feel guilty because it’s healthy!
Annerie’s Creamy Avocado and Tuna Pasta
- 2 cups pasta if your choice
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup coriander or cilantro
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions then drain and run through cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a chopper, combine all the other ingredients, except for the tuna, if course. The amount of olive oil can be adjusted according to the desired consistency of the sauce.
- Transfer the sauce mixture to a sauce pan and warm it for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Add in the pasta and coat thoroughly.
- Put the tuna into the pan and top with more fresh lemon juice and cilantro before serving.
Annerie Healthy Kitchen
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite avocado guides, recipes and product reviews!