I have already shared with you my Avocado Tahini Brownies Recipe recently. But that’s just a dessert after all. Today I bring you the main course – a guilty-free avocado pasta bowl. If you are anything like me, you absolutely love pasta. But pasta always seems to come with the guilt about too many carbs. This recipe more than makes up the carb boost with all the goodies that come from the other ingredients.
It’s great for a cold winter day especially. We will use garlic and broccoli to help fend off that nasty flu with all the vitamins in them. Not to mention all the nutrients you get from the avocado we use in the recipe. And a special treat is my secret ingredient for a hearty winter meal – ground turkey. But don’t go too wild with it, or you might fall asleep!
It’s absolutely guilty-free because of the benefits you reap from the avocado, garlic, and broccoli. There’s a wealth of vitamins and minerals in all three of those, but I don’t have to tell you that. I usually make this recipe for the main meal of the day – be it lunch or supper. It’s great for a healthy carb boost that will keep you running for longer, while also keeping you healthy.
So, without further ado, let’s start making our guilty-free avocado pasta bowl, and later on, maybe treat ourselves with some avocado tahini brownies. It’s as tasty as it is healthy!
Annerie’s Guilty-Free Avocado Pasta Bowl
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup ground turkey
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups of glutenfree pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Cook pasta and broccoli to desired doneness, drain and set aside
- Season ground turkey with Italian seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant then add in turkey
- Add in broccoli and pasta
- Top with avocado, everything bagel seasoning and a touch of tahini before serving!
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite avocado guides, recipes and product reviews!